Monday, May 26, 2008

A new project that Sarah and I are going to post is our rating of movies we see. We realized that we see alot of movies, so if any of the family cares to know what we thought of a particular movie then you'll be able to see.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Sarah A- It gets the A because it's Indiana Jones, the minus is because of plot confusion.
Ian B Enjoyable. As many entertainingly unrealistic moments as a james bond film.

Iron Man
Sarah B- I didn't even know this was a comic,if its a pile of tin kicking butt you want, you got it!
IAN B+ The engineering stuff was so fun. Very engaging action. Good character development.

Prince Caspian
Sarah A I'm not much of a critic, but I do love my Narnia. It felt very much alive to me.
Ian A- They made a great movie out if a decent Narnia book. I was glad for the subtle
changes.

The Eye
Sarah A I'll give anything these days for a clean psychological thriller. Original ideas!
Ian B+ I jumped a few times and there was no blood, so for my standards it was an ideal
scary movie.

Just so you know these have been some of our favorite movies that we've seen in awhile, so don't plan on us giving every movie A's and B's.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Recent movies we've seen and liked are: Dan in Real life, Juno, and Lars and the Real Girl. Check them out. We will let you know how your ratings add up to ours, when we see those films in a year when they come out on video :) We haven't gone to the theatre in forever. One exception will be the new Batman movie. We LOVED Batman Begins.

Unknown said...

I love that you guys watch as many movies as Tyler and I! Thought I thought your Iron Man ratings were a little low. I loved that movie! There are a ton of good movies that are coming out this summer so I'm excited!

Jill said...

Keep up the ratings. We need such a good resource.

Richard said...

Great idea doing the movie ratings--I appreciate some movie online sources (imdb.com for parental content info is awesome, for example), but I don't trust a lot of online stuff, so thanks.